Thursday, March 6

January 26 - March 6 Adventures

So we have had a lot going on over the last several weeks and have a lot of great updates that we'll split between a couple of posts.

Austin has been so fun and has been communicating so well! He continues to use "Where'd it go?" and "There it is!" all the time, but now also says "gah-gah" which means "come with me" after which he'll grab our hand and take us where he wants us to go.



Thankfully it seems Austin may have gotten past all of his sicknesses now that the weather is getting better, because this winter has been a little rough for him. I think between January and February and having bronchiolitis; hand, foot, and mouth disease; strep throat; and a couple of colds he had to miss going to nursery at church all but a couple of Sundays doing those months.

Austin using a nebulizer while he had bronchiolitis

On another note... I finished my last class - EVER! Well at least for now anyways. I actually still have to finish some homework, but no longer need to attend class. Yay! Also Jason, Cheril (my sister), and I signed up for an indoor triathlon - 550-yard swim, 4-mile bike, and 2-mile run. Since we weren't able to identify a babysitter for Austin, Jason volunteered to sit out so Cheril and I could do the race together. He is such a wonderful man and we hope to enable him to do a triathlon for himself super soon.

Cheril and I right before the triathlon

Wearing Mommy's swim goggles the night before

Austin has had a HUGE appetite lately and has also become very adept eating with a spoon - Wahoo! Additionally he can actually eat an entire whole apple without it being cut up at all. He actually prefers to eat apples whole, because that is how his daddy eats his apples and has actually gotten upset with me for trying to cut up his apple.


This boy loves his cheese!

He has also gotten very good at drinking from cups

Whenever I sit down at the computer he asks for me to do a Google image search for bubbles. "Bubble" and "money" might just be his favorite words right now in addition to experimenting with a variety of sounds. He actually asks for money a lot - we already have a little gold digger on our hands except he just expects us to hand over a couple of quarters for him to play with. I hope that he'll only expect a couple of quarters when he asks for money when he's older. Granted he'll have no problem making money babysitting if he continues to be as good with babies - or "bee" as he calls them - as he is now. He is so sweet and gentle and always pays special attention to babies.

Playing with his new crayons and coloring books from Gammy

 
He put his hat on all by himself! (left) How it is intended to look (right)

Finally I just have to mention that Jason has maintained 100% in all of his classes! Talk about amazing! And he has also become very skilled in his radio skills. Check out this ad he made for his radio class!



Until next time - happy adventures!

P.S. Here is a video of Austin playing for all our family who does not get to see him nearly often enough

No comments:

Post a Comment