Sunday, June 23

June 20 - June 23 Adventures

I posted a little bit late this last week, but nonetheless we have still had a few adventures over the past couple of days. Austin learned how to make "Indian" noises (when you pat your mouth while holding a note making a "bababa" sound) and he will do it randomly throughout the day, especially after one of us does it. I love it!  Partially, because I taught him how. He has also begun to take handfuls of food and stuff them in his mouth.  The foods that have fallen victim to this new practice include bananas, pieces of bagel, and he has even fit a couple of whole strawberries in his mouth at one time. 

One of the days this week while he was playing in his room, I put Austin in an empty diapers box with a couple of toys. I was surprised to find him keeping himself entertained for several minutes by himself as he pounded the toys against the sides of the box. Sadly, it ended poorly when he tried to get out and face planted into the carpet, but luckily he is one resilient little guy. 



Austin attended his first birthday party this weekend. We drove down to Salt Lake to pick up Jason's sister, Emily, from the airport (since she is attending EFY - a week-long church youth program - in Logan) and since we were already in the area we drove a little further to Orem for James' first birthday. James is Mandy's (Jason's cousin) little boy who was born just a couple weeks before Austin was. The birthday party was awesome and there were lots of little kids and babies, but sadly Austin encountered something to which he had some bad allergies. He got a big red puffy eye, runny nose, and just looked miserable. Despite the allergies, he did play in the little kiddie pool for a little while (first time in his new swimming suit!), but would start crying and try to crawl to me to be held, I'm guessing because he wasn't feeling well. 



As a result of time in the sun, his allergies, and lots of driving he slept a good portion of the ride home.



As for Jason and I - the only new news we can think of is that our ward softball team scored more points this week than all of our other games combined. Very exciting for us and definitely an improvement. 

Just a couple of days until Austin's first birthday! Until then I hope you have your own wonderful adventures!

P.S. Here are a couple more random pictures of Austin from this last week. Enjoy!

This Petsmart parrot actually walked right up to Austin

 Wrapped up in a towel right after bath time 

No comments:

Post a Comment