For your information, I've decided to make this blog a compilation of current and past events in our family's history. Periodically I will probably post a few events that have already happened and I will try to post weekly updates for family and friends to enjoy.
This week was kind of a fun week for Austin. He is getting so interactive and is really getting more of a personality. He is talking and squealing ALL of the time. He is also laughing after I say "ewww" when he tries to get his hands where he isn't supposed to while we change his poopy diapers or make faces when he tries to spit his applesauce on me. He'll also laugh and try to run (or rather crawl) away as fast has he can when he is doing something he shouldn't like trying to climb the stairs without us there.
This week was kind of a fun week for Austin. He is getting so interactive and is really getting more of a personality. He is talking and squealing ALL of the time. He is also laughing after I say "ewww" when he tries to get his hands where he isn't supposed to while we change his poopy diapers or make faces when he tries to spit his applesauce on me. He'll also laugh and try to run (or rather crawl) away as fast has he can when he is doing something he shouldn't like trying to climb the stairs without us there.
Today at church we lasted for almost an entire hour in Relief Society, but eventually I succumbed to Austin's restlessness and we joined three other mom-baby duos in the hall. While out there, Austin became enthralled with the only other little boy in the hall and played follow the leader almost the entire time. When the other little boy crawled, Austin would be right on his tail. When the little boy climbed up on the glass door and hit it with his hand, Austin followed suit. It was really cute watching them do this up until Austin smacked the other little boy on the side of the face (he was not following the leader at this point). Luckily the other little boy and his mom took it well, but it did leave a red mark on his face. Unfortunately, however, Austin thought it was really funny and laughed after hitting him - Then he tried to go in for a second time! Luckily I caught him before he made contact.
A few other things new for Austin this week include learning how to duck his head to climb under chair and such (it used to be that he thought he was stuck, because he couldn't get his head underneath). He as also learned how to throw - or more accurately pick up and drop his wooden balls with some force. Another update for Austin this week includes him climbing up on something then letting go and free-standing until he loses his balance and falls on his bum. I love that little boy so much!
Izzy has been making a bit of progress too this week. At her puppy school we learned how to loose-leash walk and sit for greeting people. We still have a little bit of work to do on loose-leash walking (the world is still just way too interesting to stay focused for long), but she seems to do well sitting when greeting people although she will jump up when she is feeling very excited and spastic.
In regards to Jason and I, there was not much different about this week compared to most. I spend the days at the Water Lab working while Jason took care of Austin and Izzy at home. Our stake did start softball this week, but it was kind of difficult for both of us to play, because we have Austin. Sadly I played more than Jason did, because they needed more girls being as it was co-ed softball. Hopefully I can recruit a few more girls for this week so that Jason can play, because he will be able to help out our team MUCH more than I can.
Until next time, I hope you have some wonderful adventures of your own!
No comments:
Post a Comment