Wednesday, July 24

July 16 - July 24 Adventures

This week my mom and sister, Kayla, came into town for work and 4-H State Contests. They arrived on Sunday and Kayla left Monday morning to compete (State Contests lasted through Wednesday) and my mom worked each day ~8am-5pm, spending the evenings with us. It was fun having them over to visit and the free babysitting was especially nice! Jason and I were able to go on a nice motorcycle ride (which doesn't happen very often) around Hyde Park and North Logan around sunset.

Saturday, Austin and I went to Brooklyn's first birthday party. Her mom is a friend of mine and we were in the same ward when Austin and Brooklyn were born only about a month apart from each other. At the party, Austin was a bit apprehensive about being in a new place with foreign people, but he soon warmed up and was crawling and walking (taking several steps) all over the place. He also decided it was an appropriate time to go in for his first kiss. Unfortunately he didn't have his eye on the birthday girl, but instead on a little 9-month-old named Emma (who we had just met at the party). Emma was super cute, but constantly had her mouth hanging open with her tongue partly out. I guess Austin took that as an invitation, because I looked away for a moment and when I looked back he had his open mouth on hers! It only lasted for a second, but it was so funny! Emma's parents thought it was pretty hilarious too. I don't know if he was just wanted to know what she tasted like or what since hormones have definitely not kicked in yet, but I am definitely calling that his first kiss.

Jason bought our family "Despicable Me" this weekend and since he bought it we have probably watched it five or six times already. Austin loves it! It was especially cool that he laughed at Jason's favorite part: when a couple of minions standing around a water jug laugh as a bubble goes up towards the beginning of the movie. Another couple things he started doing this week include taking his toys and hiding them in various places throughout his room as well as learning a new word: "Cheese!" except his version is more like "Chz," but he'll say it each time we feed him string cheese so he is definitely starting to develop his language skills.


Our ward won their softball game again this week! I think we just needed two or three warm up games before our team got the swing of it. This week we played at an earlier time and it was much sunnier than I expected so I didn't think to put sunscreen on. Within 15 minutes Austin turned pink which is one trait that he sadly received from me. Thankfully he got a lot of great traits from his dad as well.

A little burned

Playing with an ant on the blanket

We also went to the Farmers Market on Saturday and bought 12 cups of raspberries and canned some raspberry jam. It was delicious! And to make it even better, Jason made some homemade bread as well. Jason's dad gave us about five dozen jars so we're excited to do even more canning this summer.


This week we have headed out to California, but will wait till next time to share our vacation adventures so... until then, have a great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment