Tuesday, July 16

July 9 - July 16 Adventures

Making it through this last week was definitely a feat, I'll tell you that much. Izzy, bless her heart, had diarrhea... every day, all day, for the entire week. This proved especially difficult for Jason since Izzy did not limit her bathroom trips to the bathroom (where she normally goes on a "potty pad" used for doggie potty training).

One day Jason literally had to address 29 different spots on the dining room carpet while keeping Austin away (for reasons not requiring explanation) and Izzy from tracking it around and making further messes. It didn't help that Austin would scream the entire time he was quarantined in the play pen. I had to come home from work early a few days just to help out a little, because Jason was having a pretty rough time. Towards the end of the week, we called the vet and after examining a stool sample they recommended we put her on antibiotics. After, the weekend, however, she seems to have gotten better so I think we won't have to worry about the medication. I love and appreciate Jason so much and am so grateful that he is willing to take care of things at home while I am away especially when it comes to dealing with a sick puppy.

Austin seems to be enjoying himself as he is becoming a very adventurous full-blown toddler. He has taken a total of five steps all by himself (at a given time) and absolutely loves to explore and play with anything he can get his hands on.

Oh how he loves to play with hangers...


And pick things up in the grass...

He has become quite adept at undoing the latch of his little toy chest as well as opening the lid in order to throw his toys all over the room.



Austin loves to be held and will take advantage of having learned our names to play the passing game (if he says "da da" I pass him to Jason and then "ma ma" to be passed back to me). He will repeat it several times with a big, cute smile on his face. Aside from having fun and exploring, Austin also had a couple rough moments this week as he is still adjusting to cow's milk. Some days it seems to wreak havoc on his digestive system which is really hard to watch, but hopefully that will pass soon as his little body gets used to it.

Maybe it's actually due to the fact that he shoves his face full of handfuls of food during meal times. During this dinner of macaroni and cheese, I found 10 macaronis in his mouth at one time. I'm glad he has those eight little teeth that are really good at chewing, otherwise we would have problems with choking pretty regularly.


Jason and I are still training for our 5K which includes going running several times a week to train. Jason seems to be doing really well! I, on the other hand, am doing much less intensive runs and am absolutely dying... Hopefully I can get fit soon so I will be able to keep up with him during our race. 

On the church front - we brought dinner over Wednesday to a couple that just had their baby about a week ago - Jason also made a delicious grilled chicken, artichoke, and fresh tomato pizza along with bread sticks. YUM! It was hard for both of us to see the food in all it's glory knowing we would never eat it, but I'm sure our friends appreciated it. Thursday, our ward won their first softball game this week! Jason played with the team as Austin and I watched from the bleachers. (Austin actually crawled around trying to eat grass and playing with any of the random softballs and trash he could find - he really likes eating grass.)

Austin loves to climb up on me when I am trying to take pictures of him.

Saturday, Jason took the time to help clean the church after his run while I slept in. Again, I am so grateful for him - I have the best husband in the world. Sunday I was in charge of teaching nursery. Nursery is where parents can drop off their little ones (18-months to 3-years-old) while they attend some of their church meetings. It was super fun and a little energy consuming to take care of three little girls for two hours while my co-teacher was suffering from morning sickness, but I do have to say that there are definite bonuses to being in nursery including playing with toys, having snack time, taking trips outside on beautiful days while church is in session... all without feeling guilty about it. 

Well, that's all for this week. Until next time... make some adventures of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment