Tuesday, August 20

August 11 - August 20 Adventures

Austin is walking EVERYWHERE! There is definitely no stopping him now. He really took off with walking (more than the occasional few steps) about a week or two ago and now it is becoming pretty uncommon to see him crawl. He also really understands so much of what we say and will often help me open and close the microwave and press the start button when we are warming up his milk and will also throw things in the trash or return to our line of sight when we ask him to.

Walking over to grab the camera

Izzy turned about six months list last week and can finally be registered with our apartment manager - Yay! She also got sick again this week, but after quarantining her to the bathroom for about a day and providing plain yogurt and canned pumpkin for her diet (vet's instructions), she got better pretty quickly. She also got her spay surgery stitches out and was then able to be bathed - Oh how I love a clean dog!


Thursday was the Stake softball tournament meaning it was also sadly the last softball day of the season for us. We were scheduled to play at the earliest time against a team that had only had one win all season. I could be wrong, but I (along with Jason and a few others) believe that they unfairly recruited several very talented softball players, because they not only beat us (we had a three-win season I think), but they went on to win the entire tournament. Oh well - that's life I guess.

Now that we have done our first 5K, Jason and I have begun training again for our next races - I'll be doing another 5K and Jason is moving up to the 10K in October. We're planning to run in the Operation61 race in Herriman to raise awareness and battle against human trafficking. To add to my running, I also started going to zumba again with my friends, Paulina and Emily. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to just dance while also getting a good work out.

This weekend in an effort to get some cleaning done and maintain our sanity when Austin has been needy, we turned on Despicable Me for him to watch. He really enjoys it and even now recognizes and plays with the movie case when he can get his hands on it, but we never realized until Saturday that the first scene of the movie could be so scary! He ran to us terrified as Mr. Gru created a balloon animal. I'm guessing Austin just didn't like the squeaky balloon noises, but the way he cried you would have thought something was jumping out of the TV to get him. We also learned that the first scene of Finding Nemo is very scary for Austin as well, but that one makes a little more sense because there is a big scary fish in that one.


At church Sunday, Austin was definitely a handful and a bit cranky. He did, however, color for the first time (instead of just trying to eat the crayons) and to our dismay he learned that he could crawl underneath the church pews. Hopefully that doesn't become a regular occurrence for our's and our church friends' sake!

Until next time... Have some great adventures!

Austin LOVES to play outside




No comments:

Post a Comment