Hooray for school! Actually, the reason there hasn't been a post in a while has been primarily the result of Jason and I having started the semester. Between this and the last post, we have had several eventful happenings in addition to the start of school including family pictures, college football games, running and Austin just growing up like crazy.
Jason is taking 13 credits this semester and he still has the role of being a full-time stay-at-home dad (which he does wonderfully) until I graduate. His classes this semester include: Cognitive Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Introduction to Religious Studies, and he is also getting credit for being a TA (teacher's assistant) for a Psychology Tests and Measures course. I am currently enrolled for eight credits, three of which I am receiving credit for directed readings course that I did last Fall, three are research credits, and two are for Environmental Instrumentation. Environmental Instrumentation is a super cool class where I get to learn how to build and program all sorts of instruments to measure parameters such as temperature, humidity, radiation, etc. To add to the business of school, I just recently found out I needed to completely redo my data collection from last summer. Luckily it will hopefully help me get better results for my thesis research!
During the first week of school, we got family pictures taken - wahoo! I love having family pictures and Jason was so sweet to set aside some money for pictures as a Mother's Day gift. Kylee Maughan was our photographer and did an absolutely wonderful job. We love all of the pictures, but will only post a couple of our favorites for everyone's sake.
Over the last few weeks we have also been fortunate to attend a few USU football games including the first football game of the season - USU vs. U of U. Unfortunately the game did not fall in our favor, but it was still a great time and Austin got to spend some time with his Grandpa Snow. Since then as a family we attended the game against Weber State (at least until it started raining) and Jason was able to go on a road trip with a large group to see USU play against USC in Los Angeles.
(Dancing to the U of U Pep Band)
Speaking of Austin - he is STILL continuing to learn and grow so much - nothing new right? Well here is a list of some new developments:
- He had two new teeth come in for a grand total of 10 teeth! One of them is even a molar!
- When we say "Kissie!" he will lean his cheek over so I can give him a kiss. When I wasn't feeling well last week he even offered his cheek over for me to kiss it I think because he thought it would make me feel better.
- He can now drink through a straw! It is SO nice at restaurants except when we share our drinks we get a fair amount of backwash back.
- For a little while, Austin was blowing on all of his food to cool it down, because he saw me do it to my taquito before I shared it with him. It was adorable to see him doing it to his banana and cheese and such too though.
- At church he absolutely loves to play with the drinking fountains and will drink from them now too.
- I put on a pair of sunglasses one day and he thought they were super cool and will ask to wear them too even though our sunglasses are a little big for him. One of these days we'll get him his own pair.
- He will dance in circles and waves his arms while listening to music - you will just have to see it sometime.
- Austin quit saying "Dada" and "Mama" despite the fact that we solicit our names. Only in exceptional circumstances will he use our names so obviously he still knows them - that little pill.
- He gives hugs all the time! So sweet!
- Sometimes Austin will throw Izzy's toy for her to catch, but typically not far enough for her to actually be interested in retrieving it. Soon he'll be strong enough to throw it for her.
- He has just started waving back at people.
- When we warm up his milk in the microwave, he will help open and close it and push the start button.
- He sometimes says "ka-ta" each time he kicks at us and when we ask him to get something he will go after it while saying "get-it, get-it, get-it" over and over again.
- Because he turns 18 months this year, Austin get's to be in the primary program at church! He gets to say "Happy" and "Love" while holding up pictures (that is if he can say those words by then). It will be on October 27th so we have a little bit of time before then.
Another life update - Jason and I are now officially True Aggies! So glad we got that taken care of before we were both graduated! Until next time we hope you have some wonderful adventures too!
(Right after becoming TRUE AGGIES!)
Checking to make sure all is well beneath the bathroom sink in Aunt Cheril's new apartment.
Trying on a new hat!
Playing with Toys!






















No comments:
Post a Comment