Thursday, October 31

Happy Halloween 2012 & 2013!

So I know I'm a little late in posting this, but I just wanted to say Happy Halloween! Austin's first two Halloweens have really been a treat and I'd like to share a little bit about each of them for old memories' sake.

Halloween 2012

Last year Jason and I were new parents of a 4-month old when it came to Halloween time and we didn't exactly have the stamina to do much for Halloween (not to mention Halloween falls right around the time for semester midterms). Luckily we have wonderful family that gave Austin some cute outfits to help us get into the Halloween spirit.


And for Halloween Day Austin was a raccoon! And a darn cute one at that! We also had an alternate family costume that we used for our Ward Halloween party: Jason and I were football players and Austin was a little football.


Halloween 2013

This year we had a little more fun with the holiday season! About a week before Halloween we picked out and carved our pumpkins to the theme of Doctor Who (a quirky, British, sci-fi TV show we love). Austin really didn't care much for carving pumpkins, but he did like taking off the tops whenever he got the chance.




Like our Jack-O-Lanterns, our Halloween costumes were also taken from Doctor Who. I was River Song, Jason was the 11th doctor, and Austin was the Tardis. We were surprised that at the mall (where we took Austin trick-or-treating) and at our ward Halloween party people actually recognized our characters!


River Song
The 11th Doctor
The Tardis
Austin's Costume
It was so fun to actually have decorations, plan out and make our costumes, take Austin trick-or-treating, and get trick-or-treaters at our home too while eating spooky mini-pizzas that looked like mummies. 



Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment